4This semi-circular coastal battery is one of many built by the Order of St John between 1715 and 1716 to defend the coast against enemy landings. It includes two blockhouses and a redan on its rear,  and was named after the knight Francesco Maria Ferretti who donated the sum of 917 scudi for its construction. In order to defend St George’s Bay, in 1770 it was equipped with four guns which were increased to six in 1785, even though it could take up a maximum of eight guns.

Ferretti Battery

Ferretti Battery

Info

Address:

-

GPS:

35.83236833464268, 14.534024676548597

Telephone:

-

Email:

-

Web:

-