13Together with Ferretti Battery, the Ghzira Battery is the only fortification of this type which still exists in Birżebbuġa. Built in a semi circular shape in 1716 to defend Pretty Bay against enemy landings, it is also known as Pinto Battery in recognition to the knight who donated 1,000 scudi for its construction. Originally it incorporated a ditch and a redan whilst it also includes a blockhouse at its rear. In 1770 it was armed with six guns although it could hold a complement of eight.

Ghzira Battery

Ghzira Battery

Info

Address:

-

GPS:

35.82671040011169, 14.532825350761414

Telephone:

-

Email:

-

Web:

-