The first chapel dedicated to the Immaculate Conception in Bengħisa was built in 1822 by Rev. Ġakbu Gauci for the local farmers. It was re-built and extended in 1861 by Rev. Ġuzepp Gauci. It comprises an altar and a nineteenth century titular statue. For a long time Mons. Pietru Pawl Saydon used to celebrate mass in this chapel. Its titular feast is celebrated annually on the 8th of December.
Marriages may be celebrated in the church.
Priest in charge
Dun Ġużepp Berry