This megalithic temple dates back to ‘Tarxien’ phase of the Neolithic Period, around 3,150‑2,500 before Christ. It is formed up of four apses, in similarity with contemporary temples like Imnajdra. In contrast however, this temple includes a long boundary wall which encloses a large forecourt. During the Bronze Age (2,500 B.C.‑700 B.C.) the temple was used as a cemetery. It was discovered in the late nineteenth century and excavated for the first time in 1922.