A chapel dedicated to St George was already present on site since 1575 as it was recorded in Mons. Pietro Dusina’s pastoral visit. In 1716, a semi‑circular redoubt was built in front of the chapel in order to halt enemy landings in St George’s Bay by musket fire. On the flanks of the chapel, musketry loop holes are still visible. In Birżebbuġa once stood another two redoubts, one in Kalafrana and another in Pretty Bay. However, these were demolished in the early twentieth century.
7.30am - 9.30am in English
Feast Days: 7.30am - 9.30am in English